If you’re interested in pursuing an athletic scholarship, here are some tips to get you going:
· Start by exploring different colleges and the types of scholarships they offer.
· Ask your coaches about which schools might be a good fit for you.
· Collect news clips and videos that highlight your achievements and abilities.
· Get the name of the head coach at the colleges you are interested in and send a letter directly to him/her. State your interest in their program and include information about yourself (such as honors, athletic statistics, press clips, etc.).
· If you are truly serious about a particular program, submit an application. Schools
will be much more interested in you if they see you are genuinely interested in them.
· After you apply, stay in touch with the coach to keep your name in the running.
· Last – but not least – keep your grades up! You won’t get anywhere if you don’t remain eligible!
For more information on college athletics, check out the following websites:
National Collegiate Athletic Association: www.ncaa.org
National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics: www.naia.org
National Junior College Athletic Association: www.njcaa.org